Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Beans Poriyal Recipe

Easy Beans Poriyal / Stir  fry recipe


Ingredients:

Beans: 2 cups (finely chopped)
Shredded coconut: ½ cup
Sambar powder: ½ tsp.
Mustard: 1 tsp.
Dried red chili: 2- 3
Urad dal: 1tsp.
Cumin: 1/2tsp.
Oil for tempering
Salt to taste

Method:  

  • Heat oil in a pan; add mustard and wait until the seeds pop.
  • Add urad dal, cumin and red chili and stir it for about a minute.
  • Add the boiled beans, sambar powder and salt and sprinkle some water.
  • Cover the pan with a lid and cook till the beans are done.
  • Finally add the  shredded  coconut and stir for a minute.
  • Serve with rice.                  
If you like this post, please follow my blog or subscribe to my blog by email / RSS . Please feel free to leave your comments. I would love to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. I too tried this curry before and liked it... But your tip of adding Sambar powder is something new and sounds great.. I will try it next time.. Thank you..

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments. I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...